Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Big Adventure To Pinedale


Well, Ryans work found them a condo to stay in while they are working instead of the beloved Big Piney Motel which has been Ryans home away from home for quite sometime. He was very excited about the new place and invited the boys and I to go up and stay with him this weekend. We drove up Friday after Mayson got off of the bus. It's about a 3hr. drive. We were about 25 miles from Pinedale and Jackson said it was really far away and wanted to turn around and drive back home. I tried to explain that we would be to daddys place in a few minutes...if we turned around we had a few more hours to endure. It didn't quite compute in the mind of my precious 3 yr. old, but he was happy when we got there and got out of the car. Jackson also knows that normally, Ryan stays at a motel, trying to explain that we were not in a hotel was a fun one to explain also, eventually, we all just called in a hotel. He won! Anyhow, it was fun to see the new place, it's really nice, needs a few homey touches, but it is 300% step up from the motel.
The next day, we went to the rec. center there. It was AWSOME! They have an indoor pool that is almost identical to the Logan aquatic center. This one had a jacuzzi and a lazy river too. The boys had a ball. They loved the slide. They let me take Jackson down in my lap, so he was PUMPED! Anyway, we spent a little time with our daddy after work fri. and sat. we saw him a little longer, he was home a lot earlier than on fri.
We were going to wake up and be home by 1:00 for church, I had to teach sunbeams...Well, Mayson, woke up burning up and crying because he felt awful. I put him in the tub, gave him some tylenol, he threw up a few times and has been sleeping pretty much all day today. I really hope Jackson doesn't get it! Needless to say, no sunbeams for me today. I called my FAVORITE neighbor Heather, she said she would teach for me. She is my hero! Except for the sickies, it was a fun little get away! I forgot to mention the rock climbing wall at the rec. center. It was awsome, even Jackson got to climb, they have a tiny harness for the little guys. Mayson was up the wall and down before I could get the camera out, but I managed to get a few pics of the little man.

4 comments:

Tracy Cornia said...

How fun!!! I am so glad you got to go see Ryan. I bet it gets hard having him gone for so long at a time. That's great he has a better place to stay when he is gone.

The Ericksons said...

That's awesome! Where is the condo at? I've heard really good things about that aquatic center. Looks like you had fun.

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun! I love those big indoor pools. I don't know if you know me... I don't think we've met. I'm one of the Orton gang from Woodruff, I grew up with Ryan. It's good to see what he's up to! Congrats on the 10 year anniversary! Tell Ryan hello for me!

Nelson's said...

I am so glad I can leave comments now. Looks like you are having a good time, I cant believe how big Jackson looks Mayson too but I think Jackson changes everytime I see him. I hope everything is going well and tell the family hello from us. Caden loves getting on the blogs and seeing all of his cousins, hopfully we will come up soon.