Monday, March 9, 2009

Evanston Wrestling Meet

We all know that Mayson is huge, but I never would have guessed that his has 10 pounds on his buddy, Braxton Lind, but he does! Here they are showing off their weights to us and getting all warmed up for the match.


Mayson ended up getting 3rd place. We are so proud of him! He wrestled very well and was such a good sport! He is not a sore loser, he just kinda wants to know what to do better next time. This is Mayson with his friend, Sage Synan. Sage is about 3 yrs. older.

One funny thing about the day was...He came and asked if he could go buy a pickle from the consession stand, I told him yes, gave him 2 quarters and he was on his way, well, while he was waiting in line for his pickle, they called his age group to the staging area. Ryan walked up and got him out of the line to go get paired up for his next match. Mayson was not thrilled he had to wrestle without having a pickle. We just told him he could go back up after his match and get it. He wrestled then went and got his pickle. Well a while later, he wants another pickle, so I thought, well at least he doesn't want candy. I gave him 2 more quarters and off he went to buy his pickle. Here he comes walking down the stairs with a pickle and low and behold, they call him to the staging area again. His face was priceless. It was a you have got to be kidding me look. So, we find a babysitter for the blessed pickle while he wrestles. He got done wrestling and went straight back for his pickle. I guess next time I will just take a jar of pickles with me!
Jackson also had a fun day at the meet. He wrestled about as much as Mayson did. He wrestled Grandpa Erickson. Him and his Grandpa are such pests, 2 peas in a pod, they could not leave each other alone!
All in all, it was a great day. We were so happy that Ryan found someone to relieve him from work a day early so he could be here to watch our Mayson, the funny thing is...I swear the minute he was born, they layed him on my belly, he peed on me, then I called him my sweet little PICKLE!!! No joke!!

1 comments:

kag2 said...

Oh my heck Mayson is so big. I remember when he was just a little guy. How time flies.